Monday, January 23, 2012

It's in the Bag

It's been a long and rainy day! Monday night post? Perfectly paired with my Monday market run. Here are the contents of my grocery bags from my shopping trip-- most of these items make regular appearances each week. I consider myself a pretty healthy eater. Some days are better than others...it took work to avoid placing a box of Jo-Jo's and salted caramel chocolate in my cart tonight... :)



1. Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread with Fiber: one of my favorite breads for toast on the way to work and lunchtime sandwiches.
2. Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal:  Oatmeal saves my life a lot and keeps me going through the day. I like to pack these in plastic baggies, stash them in my work bag, and try to microwave a serving during my recess break or after the end of the day dismissal. I also keep some dried fruit in my desk that I throw on top for a little sweetness.
3. Vanilla Protein Powder: 100 calorie snack packed with 18 grams of protein! Just what I need to push through work and still make it out for a good work out. Also, if I don't have enough protein in my breakfast, I find myself starving by recess-- I like to drink this on the way to school, too.
4. Reduced Sodium Turkey Breast Slices: my bread's best friend for quick sandwiches!
5. Lite Cheddar Slices: These guys like to join the sandwich party.
6. Spring Salad Mix: One package will usually get me through a few days for fresh salads or as a bed for protein such as fish.
7. Broccoli Florets: Another favorite snack-- I like to steam cups of these guys and sprinkle a little salt and a tad of  Parmesan cheese on top.
8. Sliced Crimini Mushrooms: I plan on putting these in quick breakfast scrambles or salads for the week.
9. English Cucumber: This guy serves me as a crunchy snack or addition to sandwiches, salads, etc.
10. Avocados: Nothing to say except for love, love, love.
11. Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt: Another one of my preferred snacks. With a drizzle of honey, sliced almonds, and a banana, Greek yogurt can make my day.
12. Vanilla Nonfat Greek Yogurt: Same as the plain version, but with a little more sass.
13. Ready Made Salad: my lazy Monday night post-workout dinner.
14. Shelled Edamame: I plan on lightly salting these and seasoning them with some ginger and sesame oil to eat along side some salmon I have in the freezer this week.
15. Bananas: ...um, bananas!
16. Spicy JalapeƱo Chicken Sausage: My favorite sausage from Trader Joe's. This is so good and a great hassle free protein when I need it.
17. Blueberries: I pack handfuls of it in containers and snack on these throughout the day at work.

What's in your grocery bag?
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment