Friday, May 18, 2012

A Double Celebration Cake

Recently, my very good friend turned 27 and graduated with her doctorate degree! What an incredible day filled with two very amazing things to celebrate--AND she and her wonderful man just got engaged!

I had the pleasure of creating a celebratory cake for her and the large group of supportive friends and family for her special double whammy day.





When I was drafting ideas for her cake's design, I thought of her personal style. She definitely keeps it elegant and simple, but plays up pops of color here and there. I decided to go for a white base with vibrant colored pinwheels. For the gray top tier polka dots were added as a spunky touch. I liked the simple and adorable design so much, I didn't want to offset it with a large banner or anything--a little addition of a graduation cap and her age were placed on top along with her name. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a thoughtful gift, I LOVED every aspect of my cake! You are an incredible friend and also such a talented baker! Love you to pieces! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete