Thursday, February 28, 2013

Searching For My Wonderwall...paper

As I search for the right wallpaper for our loft space that we are transforming into an office, I've got Oasis on my mind. 

"...And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall..."

Based on how hard it is to find affordable AND cute wallpaper that suites my taste and aesthetic, I am not convinced that the band was referring to a true love. Maybe, just maybe...they were going through the same predictament I am in now. 

I would like to have a single wall in the loft/office covered in some great wallpaper to add some amazing character and a nice pop of print-- the whole room covered in a pattern would feel too overwhelming for me. When I first began my search, I fell in love with this vibrant and fabulous gold & white Paeonia Wallpaper from Anthropologie, but at about $150 a roll-- my checking account (and husband) would die! Soon after, I realized a bunch of other prints I liked just as much were nearly as pricey. I can't commit to a whole room of wallpaper, I definitely don't plan on committing to a single wall costing a ton of money.

"Can't a girl find some sweet wallpaper on a budget?", I thought to myself. 

WELL. Yes. Yes, she can. I searched through tons of discount designer wallpaper companies and retailers and consolidated some of my favorites. These are all under $100.00 a roll. In fact, most are under $50. Cha-ching! Now I just have to decide which one to pick for my office's wonderwall...

{ links to each pattern are attached to their names }
 1. Midsummer Pink & Silver by Graham & Brown // $48 a roll
 2. Silk Black & Silver by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen // $30 a roll
 3. Dandelion Mobile by Miss Print // $91 a roll
 4. Antoinette by Delux // $37 a roll
 5. Grace Gold & Yellow by Marcel Wanders // $40 a roll
 6. Flora Blue by Graham & Brown // $48 a roll
 7. Peony by Urban Outfitters // $79 a roll
 8. Damask by Graham & Brown // $50 a roll

Wallpaper...wonderwall...wallpaper...wonderwall...wonderwallpaper?! Yea...um, maybe not, but now I have this song stuck in my head. 

If you're interested in finding some wallpaper for YOUR wonderwall, hopefully this can help or inspire you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment