Sunday, August 11, 2013

When the Hubby's Away...

...the polenta will play.
 For the most part, Henry and I share very similar taste in food. This makes dining out and in easy for both of us. Well both love foods from all different cultures, healthy and fresh meals, and breakfast in every form!

Also, I love cake-- he loves cake (like I said, similar taste in food).
 However, when it comes to polenta, Henry doesn't really get the same hankerings as I do. And, let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoy my polenta-- soft and creamy or firm and crisp--I love it all the same. While my dear hubby may prefer canned tuna over this dish, I can certainly O.D. on it.  It's such a simple food, but it's very comforting to eat, in my opinion.

Last week, there was a day when Henry went out to play some music and hang out with the boys. I took the opportunity to prepare a super easy meal-- a warm bowl of creamy polenta with delicious fixings!
Creamy Bowl of Polenta for One
2 cups cooked instant polenta (follow the box's instructions; use half water and half milk for a creamier result)
2 portobello mushrooms (sliced and sauteed with light olive oil; seasoned with salt and pepper to taste)
1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers (I purchased some that were jarred without a lot of additives)
2 tbsp goat cheese
1 poached egg
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp white truffle oil
chopped fresh basil (for a little garnish and flavor)

Serve the polenta in a bowl and top with the rest of the ingredients. Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment